Join the team...
Job Title: Senior Surveyor/Associate – Estates
Reports to: Associate Director of Estates
Hours: Full Time (37.5 hrs PW)
Holidays: 26 days PA + Bank holidays
A Senior Surveyor/Associate based in Leeds, responsible for the management of various schemes across our extensive portfolio.
The successful candidate gain experience across a variety of sectors including retail, office, hotel and residential. A broad role which will involve asset management, acquisitions and disposals, refurbishment projects and assistance in large scale redevelopment.
The Role:A varied role in terms of scope and geography, the primary elements are:
- Developing and executing Asset strategies to enhance and unlock value.
- Asset Management of various schemes across our extensive portfolio.
- Tenant liaison and dealing with formal L&T matters such as lease renewals, lettings, assignments.
- Identification and evaluation of opportunities to grow and enhance the portfolio.
- Development projects across the portfolio in conjunction with the Group Property Director. Acting as ‘Client’ to secure lettings and pre-lets.
- Refurbishment projects across the portfolio – work up business cases and delivery with input from Group Property Director.
- Acquisitions and disposals.
- Property management (through 3rd party supply chain where in place /or internal resource), includes all aspects of compliance, service provision, maintenance, tenant requirements.
- Setting annual service charge budgets in conjunction with property management and finance team.
- Curation and delivery of asset plans.
- Day to day management of interfaces with service providers, agents and consultant teams.
- Day to day management of project teams.
- Day to day maintenance of Horizon data, building drawings, tenant demises etc.
- Preparation of papers in line with the cycle of key meetings.
- Preparation of business cases.
- Work on/review ad hoc projects/opportunities and provide support to other areas of the business as directed.
- Experienced property professional with a good range of experience across asset management and development.
- RICS qualified (preferable, not essential)
- Great communicator, able to build effective relationships quickly.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Strong understanding of the Service Charge Code and experience in either directly managing service charges or scrutinising and validating third-party service charges documentation.
- Demonstrable track record of delivery across a variety of projects and day to day business.
- Enthusiastic and tenacious, able to focus on getting the job done to deliver the best outcome.
- Strategic thinker, able to see the wider context, think around issues and incorporate into business and asset plans.
- Entrepreneurial able to spot opportunities and develop sound plans to capitalise on them.
- Great team player. Able to work effectively with others to deliver excellent outcomes.
- A collaborator, understands the importance of the contribution of others to successful delivery and works hard to achieve the best outcome.
To express your interest please send a copy of your current CV to email@example.com or complete the form below by Wednesday 31st January 2024