Latest Rent Collection

July2021

Town Centre Securities Plc today (23.07.21) provides an update on rent collections for the current English quarter and an update on previous collections since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Collected and deferred rent receipts for the current quarter stand at 96% of the total due.

Demonstrating the resilience, quality & the diversified nature of our portfolio

Latest quarter:

TCS billed a total of £4.9m of rent and service charge (including VAT) for the English quarters payable on 24 June 2021 and 1 July 2021
• As of 22 July 2021, TCS had successfully collected £4.3m or 88%. A further £0.4m or 8% has been agreed to be deferred. This totals an agreed collection of £4.7m or 96%
• With the gradual easing of lockdown, collection levels continue to improve on a quarter-by-quarter basis and we expect to see this improvement continue
• The £0.2m remaining is still due and under discussion with tenants

March 2020 to June 2021:

• The updated billings and collections for the previous quarters (including monthly payments) and the Scottish quarters are:
o TCS billed a total of £31.0m of which £27.7m or 89% has been successfully collected
o A further £0.3m or 1% of deferrals have been agreed, giving a total agreed collection amount of £28.0m or 90% (which is slightly ahead of the percentage reported in April 2021)
o A further £3.0m remains outstanding of which £1.9m has been waived mostly in return for improvements in the terms or length of leases

Cumulative total:

• Therefore, since 25 March 2020, of the £35.9m cumulative rent and service charge payments that have fallen due and subsequently billed, we have collected £32.0m and agreed to defer a further £0.7m, totalling £32.7m; equivalent to 91% of the amounts due
• Of the £3.2m balance remaining:
o We have agreed to concessions totalling over £1.9m of this outstanding amount which will not be collected, mostly in return for an improvement in the terms or length of leases
o We continue to work with the respective tenants on the balance of £1.3m

Edward Ziff, Chairman and Chief Executive commented:

“I am pleased to report that rent collection is continuing to improve with the current quarter showing the highest level of recovery during the entire COVID-19 period, when one includes amounts agreed to be deferred. This demonstrates the resilience, quality and diversified nature of our continuing portfolio as well as our collaborative, longstanding and strong relationships with our tenants.”

To see all announcements please visit tcs-plc.co.uk/investors

Back To Top
Town Centre Securities PLC (TOWN.L) 132.50 -3.50 Last updated: 23/09/2021 at 13:13