Morrisons New 'Market Kitchen' Comes To Leeds Merrion Centre
Morrisons Leeds Merrion Centre store has had a makeover which will make it part-supermarket, part-fresh food takeaway.
Bringing even more choice to Leeds Arena Quarter
Morrisons Merrion Centre store has had a makeover which will make it part-supermarket, part-fresh food takeaway.
The new format ‘Market Kitchen’ section means that customers can have their breakfast, lunch or evening meal freshly made-to-order by one of the 25 skilled chefs. What’s more, customers don’t even need to leave their house to enjoy the meals as they can have the freshly cooked food delivered to their doorstep via Deliveroo.
In store, customers can watch their meals be made-to-order by the chefs using seasonal ingredients, or they can opt to pick up some of the freshly made ‘ready-to-go’ meals instead.
The menu includes:
● Char & Smoke – the Char & Smoke counter offers a selection of flame-grilled vegetables, steak and chicken. These are served with a choice of three types of slaw and fresh vibrant sauces; in wraps, ciabattas or with salad or rice.
● Bird and Baste – freshly basted chicken is roasted and served with a choice of hot and cold sides.
● The Hot Pan – the hot pan offers a different dish each day, these range from risottos and paellas through to Korean fried rice and curries.
● Fresh Pasta – customers can build their own pasta dish, with a choice of pasta, freshy made in store each day, sauces and a variety of toppings.
● Pizza by the Metre – quality pizza made with fresh hand-stretched dough, customers can opt for ¼ of a metre of pizza from £4.00, ½ a metre from £7.00 or a full metre from £11.00.
Hannah Munns, Morrisons Head of Market Kitchen, said:
“The chefs use our fresh Market Street ingredients to create delicious seasonal meals for customers that are made to order.
“It means that customers can pop in and pick up their next meal while also buying the groceries they need for future meals. And, thanks to our partnership with Deliveroo, customers across Leeds will be able to enjoy their favourite dishes from our menu without leaving their kitchen.”
Charles Newman, Associate Director at Town Centre Securities PLC (TCS) said:
“We are excited to see the new Market Kitchen concept open at the flagship Morrisons supermarket in the Merrion Centre.
“Morrisons has been our linchpin supermarket within the Centre since 1972 and just as the Arena Quarter has evolved over the years, we have seen continued investment and development at Morrisons to continuously improve our customer experience and offer.
“The new, freshly made meals, created by a team of in-store Morrisons chefs, will further enhance the food and beverage offer within the Merrion Centre, with shoppers able to pick up breakfast, lunch or an evening meal alongside their grocery shop all cooked on site. They can even have it delivered via Deliveroo.
“We think the concept will be very well received by existing and new Merrion Centre shoppers, as well as the increasing student population, with the areas around the city’s Arena Quarter seeing a big influx of new, high-end student accommodation.”
Market Kitchen orders can be placed through the Deliveroo app* or website and will usually incur a small delivery charge. In as little as under 30 minutes, customers can enjoy convenient, delicious Market Kitchen dishes from the comfort of their own home.
*Customers who live within 4km of the Morrisons Merrion Centre store can order from the Market Kitchen via Deliveroo
To find out more about Market Kitchen at the Merrion Centre please CLICK HERE
The Merrion Centre is a mixed use island site in a prime location in Leeds city centre comprising of almost 1,000,000 sq. ft of covered shopping centr...
The Arena Quarter is located in the heart of Leeds city centre at the Merrion Centre and one of Leeds’ newest leisure destinations.